Wednesday 2 July 2014

Leigh Folk Festival

Congratulations must go to the organisers of this annual event which once again was very enjoyable and is an important element of the Town’s excellent cultural calendar. When council leader this was one of those events which I felt it was important to support but always regarded it as a pleasure rather than a duty. The sunshine on Sunday was great whilst it lasted and there was some first class music to be savoured. One difference this year was that as cabinet member with responsibility for culture Derek Jarvis seemed like an ever present at cultural events all round the town. I have to say that I didn’t spot any cabinet members this year and would be interested to know if anybody else did? I would hope that our new east-leaning administration would still find time to maintain a presence at important events to the west of the town.

2 comments:

  1. Political and family commitments meant I missed it, which is a shame as I agree it is very enjoyable. I am pleased that the STUC still support the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak for the cabinet member for culture, but I know one cabinet member was on stage compering...

    ReplyDelete