Sunday 20 April 2014

Last full council

With my departure from the council fast approaching it was my last "proper" full council meeting last Thursday leaving only Mayor Making next month. Notwithstanding the large number of questions and reserved minutes the meeting was quite short being finished shortly after 10. I am not sure whether this was as a result of the absence of former councillor Martin Terry or because of a certain spirit of demob happiness with the elections now looming. 

I have to say that it was slightly annoying! One of the problems with long meetings for those of us that work, relates to the early start the next morning. As I have tried to juggle my leader duties and legal work I try to arrive in the office as soon after 7am as possible. With a meeting finishing at midnight or thereabouts, dragging out of bed the next morning can be challenging. For this meeting the following day was a Bank Holiday with the promise of a lie in before a morning of election delivering. In typical form the meeting therefore finished nice and early!

No comments:

Post a Comment