Friday 21 March 2014

The art of opposition

I have been critical of the quality of opposition which we have seen from some members over recent weeks. It is an art of which I have some personal knowledge as I spent 3 years in opposition in the 90's attempting to hold the ruling Lib Dem/Labour Administration to account. I was recently sorting through some old files and came across this ageing edition of the Leigh Times which was published in December 1995. I was agitated about the crass decision to undertake some major and disrutive roadworks in Leigh Broadway causing chaos in the the pre Xmas rush. I think a question to the then Lib Dem Chair of Highways asking "Would the Chairman agree Christmas is the busiest time of the year for local traders?" was suitably succinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment